Blindness could be partial or permanent and many factors could be responsible.However, ways to prevent blindness are listed below.
The eye is a vital organ in the body that needs to be protected. Eyesight deteriorates as people get older or due to certain health conditions. A regular eye examination is the best way to protect your eyesight and prevent blindness
Ways to prevent Blindness are;
1. Do not apply sugar water, breast milk, battery water, camphor, local gin, urine, native herbs, onion water into the eyes
2. Do not separate fight if you have only one seeing eye.
3. Do not use eye drugs belonging to another person with the same eye complaint
4. Avoid rubbing the eye with dirty hands, dirty handkerchief
5. Avoid self-medication
6.Avoiding rubbing the eyes when there is a foreign body in the eye
7.Wear protective goggles if you are a welder or an industrial worker
8. Immunize your child with the measles vaccine and other five killer diseases. Note, measles complications can result in blindness
9. Wash your face with clean water always
10. Wash your eye with soap and water frequently
11. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
12. Do not play nor allow children to play with sharp objects like forks, knives, pencils, brooms, sticks, etc
13. Avoid tobacco smoke
14. Try to take a glass of green tea daily
15.Manage your blood sugar
17. Check your eyes at least once a year
18. Never apply an unprescribed medication to the eye.
19. Consult your doctor if you’re noticing some symptoms in the eye.
20. Don’t share eye medications with family and friends, because the indication for prescribing the medication may not be similar to your eye condition and could lead to blindness.
Don’t forget, prevention is better than curing.