The Cycle Beads are a string of 32 beads rubber ring and a cylinder with an arrow. It’s a natural effective family planning method use nowadays.
Cycle beads help you use the standard day’s method of family planning when used correctly, the method is 95% effective in preventing pregnancy if well used.
How Cycle Beads Works;
1. Cycle beads help you understand your fertility better.
2. Help you know If your cycle length is appropriate to use the method to prevent pregnancy.
3. It helps you and your partner become more involved in family planning.
Who are those women who can use Cycle Beads as Family Planning methods?
It’s simply meant for women in these two categories,
1. Women who have the most cycle between 26 and 32 days long.
2. Couples who can abstain or use condoms during the 12 WHITE beads days, when the woman, is likely fertile and can get pregnant.
How to Use Cycle Beads for Family Planning;
1. From the first day, you see your period, move the ring to the RED beads. Meaning that you start on your first day of Menses by picking the only Red Bead. Then also mark the day on your calendar.
2. You must move the bead each day, including other days of your period.
3. You should maintain or always use condoms when the beads counting falls on WHITE bead if you do not want to become pregnant.
4 Sex is save from the BROWN bead. You are not likely to get pregnant on those days.
5. You should move the ring to the RED bead again when your next period starts. While you skip over any beads left.
A woman may need to wait for while before using Cycle beads If:
1. She recently had a baby or is doing breastfeeding.
2. She recently used the pill, the injection, or emergency contraception. The situation can affect your cycle length.
If you notice any of the following, contact your family planning provider for help;
1. In case you had unprotected sex on a WHITE bead day.
2. If your period does not start by the DAY AFTER, and you have reached the last brown bead, this means your cycle is longer than 32days.
3.If you think that you might be pregnant because you have not gotten your period.
4 If you get your period before you reach the DARK BROWN bead, this means that your cycle is shorter than 26days.
5. If more than once a year your cycle is shorter than 26days or longer than 32days, Cycle beads might not be suitable for you as a method of family planning.
Kindly follow us for more updates on our social media page. Share our articles and leave your questions and comment in the section below.