Hepatitis is the inflammation of the liver, and one of the functions of the liver is to produce and metabolize bile which is necessary to break down fats and expel toxins out of the body. The bilirubin which is normally excreted in bile builds up in the bloodstream and accumulates in the skin. This causes the yellowish discoloration of the skin, eyes, and dark urine. The main three hepatitis are A, B, and C. While other hepatitis viruses are D, E, and G.
Symptoms of Hepatitis;
1. Nausea and Loss of appetite
2.Fatigue, generalized body weakness, and tiredness.
3. Weight loss and Diarrhea
4. Fever as a result of the inflammation
5. Clay-colored stool.
Hepatitis B is a vaccine-preventable disease. It’s contracted by contaminated blood or blood products, needle sharing and can also occur from sexual contacts and people become the carriers of the virus. Liver diseases are associated with hepatitis B, such as liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.
1. Avoid direct contact with blood and body fluids.
2. Cover all cuts/wounds carefully.
3. Avoid sharing sharp items.
4. Use a condom with your sexual partner.
5. properly discard used sanitary napkins or tampons.
6. Wash hand thoroughly with soap after exposure to blood.
7. Ensure you get new and sterile needle/sharps for fixing and cutting of hair, body piercing, tattoos, and so on.
8. Always undergo routine laboratory tests to know your status.
9. Clean up blood spills with a diluted bleach solution.
Follow us for more updates, share, and leave your comment.